Monday, May 08, 2006

Above and beyond

Fairly quiet weekend. No one was sick or in pain, which was a refreshing change of pace. E is coping well with her broken finger and is able to write and get dressed and brush her hair by herself.

I went to a cookout Saturday night at a faculty member's house. The kid's stayed home and babysat my coworkers little girl and she went with me. Great food, good conversation, interaction with adults. What's not to like? The girl's spazzed out when I wasn't home at 8:30 as I sort of suggested I might be and called my cell phone about 6 times before they got a hold of me. Here I am well into my 40's and I have a tighter curfew now than I ever did! I think I walked in the door at 8:50.

Our weekend excitment happened Saturday at noon when a neighbor called that his daughter was missing and had we seen her? Yikes. You worry about that when you live a block from a lake. We hadn't seen her and she hadn't called K to play as she often does (to K's distress. The two girls are like oil and water and she doesn't enjoy hanging out with her). We walked down to the lake and met her Dad there. Talked to some neighbors having a garage sale and they hadn't seen her all morning. My girls got on their bikes to check the school playground and did eventually find her, thank goodness. She was at the home of another classmate playing on his trampoline and apparently hadn't called home to let them know her whereabouts. She was a tight leash the rest of the weekend, which made it nice for us!

Just spent 20 minutes in the attic of the music building here, seeking a record cover for the alum who donated the record to us many, many years ago. I'm amazed I even found it! I definitely earned a cold Diet Pepsi for this, doncha think? I didn't even know there WAS an attic to that building, having only been in there maybe twice before. Here's hoping I never have to go back there again. Ick!

No comments: