Thursday, May 04, 2006

Someone watches over me

What an odd afternoon.

E just called me and said, "Come pick me up. The track meet was cancelled."

"Why was it cancelled?" It is beautiful outside, not a cloud in the sky and why else would you cancel a track meet except for weather?

"There was a bomb threat called in," she said.

Oh, I guess that would do it.

So two buses of track girls from other schools, one from over an hour away, had to turn around and go home. At least I only had to drive across town.

E doesn't think the threat was serious. But someone said something and the whole "bomb sequence procedure" kicks in, and some dumb kid who said something thoughtless is in a whole heap of trouble.

So maybe we can't prevent any injuries this evening. My fingers are crossed.

No comments: