Friday, May 05, 2006

Weekly weigh-in

Here's my Friday morning routine:
Teeth flossed? check
Been to the bathroom? check
Nose blown? check
Nail clipped? check
Legs shaved? check

Ok, time to weigh in then. Whoo-hoo. I'm down 1.8 pounds this week and that's WITH eating a piece of cake at the retirement party yesterday. I took it easy on the other goodies, though. Now I've got a another darn bake sake to prepare for and a cookout Saturday night, so this weekend is fraught with stumbling blocks. But I usually cut myself some slack on the weekends. It's much easier to diet when I'm at work and don't have easy access to food.

But I did get an expected compliment about my weight loss today. People aren't really sure if they should mention it or not. I'm getting to the point where I need new pants, then it will be more noticeable. I feel a small shopping spree coming on before the kids get out of school! A few more pounds and I'll be able to buy clothes without a "W" in the size, which means I can shop somewhere other than Wally World without driving for hours and hours.

So I'm about two pounds from being halfway to my goal, three pounds from the 10% mark, and 12 pounds from weighing less than my boss. If I can just keep losing a pound or two a week I'll be in good shape.

The athletic training students came by to take blood pressures yesterday and obviously the exercise is helping. I was 120/71 with a resting pulse of 68.

Niece is better and went back to school for a partial day yesterday. MIL broke her wrist in her fall and is splinted. FIL got a less than rosy prognosis from the heart doctor. One of his major arteries is 50% blocked. At 75% they are taking open heart surgery. He is back on his treadmill, and he should have been all along to try and stave this off, but he is probably a surgery candidate in the next few months.

Just returned from my last Special Friend's day at K's school. The sappy songs always make me teary. Gotto go pick up the little darlin's soon as school is getting out in a few minutes.

1 comment:

Kanga Jen said...

Jodie, that weight loss is AWESOME. You rock. And the blood pressure thing is even better. Hope your weekend has been peaceful...