Thursday, May 11, 2006

Down two sizes

I took the day off yesterday to attend K's track and field day. It was a glorious day. I worked outside in the morning and planted a few flowers, but I didn't buy nearly enough potting soil. I also swept all of last fall's leaves out of the garage and washed the van, so I was feeling OH, SO virtuous.

On a lark, I tried on some smaller jeans while I was out getting gardening supplies. Whoo-hoo! This made me so happy. I got a pair that is not one, but TWO sizes smaller. My jeans had been baggy and shapeless for so long I'd forgotten how they were supposed to fit. I haven't purchased a pair of jeans this size since the 80's. I tried on a more "modern" low-cut variety first and while I was able to get them zipped up they just weren't made for me. I went with the more matronly kind and that worked much better. I can wear underwear with these, which is a primary consideration. The other ones? I don't know WHAT you are supposed to wear under those things. And I don't want to know.

K. ran three events and got a 4th place, 5th place, and 6th place ribbons. She was bummed, but I think she did fine. E's last track meet is this afternoon. The weather is overcast, rainy and very windy so we are kind of hoping the sky opens up and pours so it will be postponed to a better afternoon.

No comments: